Deuteronomy 30:11-16 (ESV) For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it. See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. 16 If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
Even Christians tend to get “spooky” in their search for a “higher revelation.” Unfortunately many lose their way in the midst of the search, not realizing the answer to their quest is right in front of them. If you’re looking for a “higher revelation” you’ll find it today! It’s not “far off” or “far out”…it’s near you in the word of God!
Deuteronomy 32:45-47 (ESV) And when Moses had finished speaking all these words to all Israel, 46 he said to them, “Take to heart all the WORDS by which I am warning you today, that you may command them to your children, that they may be careful to do all the WORDS of this law. 47 FOR IT IS NO EMPTY WORD FOR YOU, BUT YOUR VERY LIFE, and by this WORD you shall live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess.”
1 Kings 8:14-15 (ESV) Then the king turned around and blessed all the assembly of Israel, while all the assembly of Israel stood. 15 And he said, “Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, who with his hand has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to David my father, saying, 1 Kings 8:24 (ESV) You have kept with your servant David my father what you declared to him. You spoke with your mouth, and with your hand have fulfilled it this day. Everything that God does or intends to do is first announced and then performed by His word. It is not a futile thing – it is your life! What His mouth has spoken His hand will perform!
- Psalms 107:20 (ESV) He sent out his WORD and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. The phrase, “The word of the Lord came…” is used 328 times in the Bible! DON’T MISUNDERSTAND LIKE NAAMAN DID!
- 2 Kings 5:8-14 (ESV) But when Elisha the man of God heard that the king of Israel had torn his clothes, he sent to the king, saying, “Why have you torn your clothes? Let him come now to me, that he may know that there is a prophet in Israel.” 9 So Naaman came with his horses and chariots and stood at the door of Elisha’s house. 10 And Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored, and you shall be clean.” 11 But Naaman was angry and went away, saying, “BEHOLD, I THOUGHT that he would surely come out to me and stand and call upon the name of the Lord his God, and wave his hand over the place and cure the leper. 12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? Could I not wash in them and be clean?” So he turned and went away in a rage. 13 But his servants came near and said to him, “My father, it is a great word the prophet has spoken to you; will you not do it? Has he actually said to you, ‘Wash, and be clean’?” 14 So he went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the WORD of the man of God, and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. You don’t need “a” word, you need “the” Word.
- Hebrews 1:1-3 (ESV) Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the WORD of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, In days of old God gave His word by the mouth of the prophets. For a season God sent His word through the Incarnation. Now God speaks HIS WORD through THOSE WHO PREACH THE WRITTEN WORD BY THE HOLY SPIRIT SENT DOWN FROM HEAVEN 1 Pet. 1:12 Romans 16:25-27 (ESV) Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to THE REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY THAT WAS KEPT SECRET FOR LONG AGES 26 BUT HAS NOW BEEN DISCLOSED AND THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.
- By the word of God the world is kept in store for judgement. 2 Peter 3:5-6 (ESV) For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and THE EARTH WAS FORMED OUT OF WATER AND THROUGH WATER BY THE WORD OF GOD, 6 and that BY MEANS OF THESE the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. God uses means. He uses vehicles to bring His Word to pass. He doesn’t just snap His fingers. He uses His Word.
- Proverbs 4:20-22 (ESV) My son, be attentive to my WORDS; incline your ear to my SAYINGS. 21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. 22 FOR THEY ARE LIFE TO THOSE WHO FIND THEM, AND HEALING TO ALL THEIR FLESH. Is it any wonder that God would instruct us to give attention to His words…they are life and health! You need to go digging like for hidden treasure. You have to find it.
- 2 Timothy 4:1-4 (AMPC) Timothy was charged first to PREACH THE WORD. I CHARGE [you] in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom: 2 HERALD AND PREACH THE WORD! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, YOU AS PREACHER OF THE WORD ARE TO SHOW PEOPLE IN WHAT WAY THEIR LIVES ARE WRONG.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold, 4 And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions.
The word of God is the only antidote for the poisonous lies and deceitful schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.
- Deuteronomy 8:3 We are to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Jesus, at His most “spiritual moment” didn’t get “spooky spiritual;” instead He used the simple truth contained in this scripture to defeat the best shot the devil had to offer. Can we find any better method?
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV) ALL SCRIPTURE IS BREATHED OUT BY GOD and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE COMPLETE, EQUIPPED FOR EVERY GOOD WORK. All scripture is profitable. All the words of the Book are tried and tested truth. When you choose to DO THEM supernatural assistance will become available.
- This word is practical, NOT MYSTICAL! It is meant to be done! Titus 2:11-13 (NIV) “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. IT TEACHES US TO SAY ‘NO’ TO UNGODLINESS AND WORLDLY PASSIONS, and to live SELF CONTROLLED, UPRIGHT AND GODLY LIVES in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope – the glorious appearing of our great God and savior, Jesus Christ…” The Word of God is what you need. He is always faithful to perform with His hands what He says with His Words.